Updated May 2018
Personally Identifiable Information That We Collect
When you visit our Website and subscribe to our newsletter or e-mail list, register for a webinar or event, participate in an online survey or other interactions, make inquiries, download marketing information or request further information about a product or service, we may collect a variety of information, some of which is Personally Identifiable Information (“Personally Identifiable Information”). Personally Identifiable Information is information that identifies a particular person, such as your name, phone number, email address, mailing address, contact preferences, language, location, device ID, and/or IP address depending upon the type of contact or transaction.
You may be able to improve your experience on our Website when you tell us who you are, however it is possible to browse our Website without actively submitting any Personally Identifiable Information. For most of the browsing on our Website, we neither require nor collect Personally Identifiable Information. You can browse our Website and take as much time as you want to review our products and services without having to submit such information.
Automatically Collected Information
In addition, every time you visit a website, some information is automatically collected from you. For example, this information may include some or all of the following items: your computer’s Internet protocol (IP) address and/or domain; type and version of Internet browser software and operating system you use; time zone setting; date, time, and duration of your Website access; specific pages, buttons, images, videos, links, or forms that you access while visiting the Website; length of visits to specific pages, methods used to browse
away from the page and demographic information concerning the country of origin
of your computer and the language(s) used by it.
Our website uses “cookies” and other technologies, which store small amounts of information on your computer or device, to allow certain information from your web browser to be collected. Cookies are widely used on the internet and allow a website/portal to recognize a user’s device, without uniquely identifying the individual person using the computer. In some countries, including countries in the European Economic Area ("EEA"),
the information referenced above in this paragraph may be considered Personally
Identifiable Information under applicable data protection laws.
These technologies help to make it easier for you to use the site, provide feedback to us as to which parts of the website you visit, so we can assess the effectiveness of the site and provide a better user experience or to provide you with other promotions, offers, and adverts on other sites you may visit. You may be able to configure your browser not to accept cookies, although please bear in mind that this may affect your website experience.
How We Use Personally Identifiable Information
We or our third-party service providers may use Personally Identifiable Information
for a number of purposes, including but not limited to:
- to provide you with information about products and services that you may request
- from us, about products and services that are similar to those you have previously
- inquired about or that we feel may interest you;
- to improve the customer experience and security of our Website;
- to keep you informed of CellPoint Mobile’s latest product announcements, company updates, upcoming events, special offers, and information specific to the products that you purchase;
- to register you for events and training.
We may also use data that includes Personally Identifiable Information to help us create, develop, operate, deliver, and improve our products, services, website content, advertising and customer communications.
If you want to withdraw your consent for any of these uses, you may opt out at any time by following the Update/Unsubscribe links included in the footer of our email campaigns (note
you may be subscribed to more than one email list), or alternatively send a request by email to email@example.com. Collection and Use of Non-Personally Identifiable Information
We also collect data in a form that does not, on its own, permit direct association with any specific individual. We may collect, use, transfer, and disclose non-Personally Identifiable
Information for any purpose. The following are some examples of non-Personally
Identifiable Information that we collect and how we may use it:
- Occupation, language, zip or postal code, telephone area code, referrer URL and the time zone where a communication with CellPoint Mobile takes place so that we can better understand customer behavior and improve our products, services, and advertising.
- How you use our services, including search queries. This information may be used to improve the relevancy of results provided by our services. Except in limited instances to ensure quality of our services over the Internet, such information will not be associated with your IP address and is therefore not Personally Identifiable Information.
If we combine non-Personally Identifiable Information with Personally Identifiable
Information, the combined information will be treated as Personally Identifiable
Information for as long as it remains combined.
How We Share Information
In addition to sharing information with your consent, we may also share the information we collect in various ways, including the following:
- Vendors and Service Providers. We may share information with third-party vendors and service providers that provide services on our behalf, such as helping to provide our products and services, for promotional and/or marketing purposes, and to provide you with information relevant to you such as product announcements, company updates, or other information.
- Aggregate Information. Where legally permissible, we may use and share information about website visitors with our partners in aggregated or de-identified form that can’t reasonably be used to identify you.
- Advertising. We may work with third-party advertising partners to show you ads that we think may interest you. These advertising partners may set and access their own cookies and like technologies, and they may otherwise collect or have access to information about you which they may collect over time and across different online services.
- Business Transfers. Information may be disclosed and otherwise transferred to any potential acquirer, successor, or assignee as part of any proposed merger, acquisition, debt financing, sale of assets, or similar transaction, or in the event of insolvency, bankruptcy, or receivership in which information is transferred to one or more third parties as one of our business assets.
Additional Uses for or Sharing of Your Information
- In response to judicial or other governmental subpoenas, warrants and court orders served on us in accordance with their terms, or as otherwise required by applicable law;
- To comply with legal, regulatory or administrative requirements of governmental authorities;
- To protect our rights or property, protect our legitimate business interests, to enforce the provisions of our terms or policies, in cases of customer fraud/disputes, and/or to prevent harm to you or others;
- To protect or defend us, our subsidiaries, affiliates, or parent company and any of their officers, directors, employees, agents, contractors and partners, in connection with any legal action, claim or dispute;
- As permitted or required by law or as authorized by you.
Legal Basis for Processing Personally Identifiable Information
However, we will normally collect Personally Identifiable Information from you only (i) where we need the Personally Identifiable Information to perform a contract with you; (ii) where the processing is in our legitimate interests and not overridden by your rights; or (iii) where we have your consent to do so. We have a legitimate interest in communicating
with you as necessary to conduct business. In some cases, we may also have a legal obligation to collect Personally Identifiable Information from you or may otherwise need the Personally Identifiable Information to protect your vital interests or those of another
If we ask you to provide Personally Identifiable Information to comply with a legal requirement or to perform a contract with you, we will make this clear at the relevant time and advise you whether the provision of your Personally Identifiable Information is mandatory or not (as well as of the possible consequences if you do not provide your Personally Identifiable Information).Data Retention
We retain Personally Identifiable Information we collect from you where we have an ongoing legitimate business need to do so (for example, to provide you with a service or information you have requested or to comply with applicable legal, tax, or accounting requirements).
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your Personally Identifiable Information or you have requested that we no longer retain your information, we will either delete or anonymize it or, if this is not possible (for example, because your Personally
Identifiable Information has been stored in backup archives), then we will
securely store your Personally Identifiable Information and isolate it from any
further processing until deletion is possible.
International Transfer of Information Collected
Notice to Persons Accessing this Website Outside the United States
If you reside outside the U.S., any information you provide to us on our Website will
be transferred out of your country and into the U.S. If you do not want your Personally
Identifiable Information to leave your country, do not provide the information to us. By providing Personally Identifiable Information to us, you explicitly consent to the transfer of your information to the U.S.
Your Data Protection Rights Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
If you are a resident of the EEA, you have the following data protection rights:
- You have the right to access, correct, update, or request deletion of your Personally Identifiable Information. To do so, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You have the right to object to the processing of your Personally Identifiable Information, ask us to restrict the processing of your Personally Identifiable Information, or request portability of your Personally Identifiable Information. Again, you can exercise these rights by emailing email@example.com.
- You have the right to opt-out of marketing communications we send you at any time. You can exercise this right by clicking on the "unsubscribe" or "opt-out" link in the marketing emails we send you. To opt-out of other forms of marketing, please contact us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Similarly, if we have collected and process your Personally Identifiable Information with your consent, then you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect the processing of your Personally Identifiable Information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
- You have the right to complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your Personally Identifiable Information. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority.
We respond to all requests we receive from individuals wishing to exercise their
data protection rights in accordance with applicable data protection laws.E-Mail Communications
Forms of communication such as e-mail, text messaging, our Website Contact Us, or
other forms of electronic communication are inherently insecure. Please refrain from submitting sensitive Personally Identifiable Information (such as account number, social security number, or credit card account number) via e-mail or similar method of communication.
When you send an e-mail to us, you are communicating with us electronically and
consent to receive reply communications from us or our providers electronically. We may retain the content of the e-mail, your e-mail address, and our response in order to better service your needs or for legal and regulatory reasons.
Personally Identifiable Information on Children
We respect the privacy of your children and encourage all parents to supervise their children’s computer usage. We do not knowingly collect or retain Personally Identifiable Information from children under the age of thirteen. We advise all visitors to our Website under the age of 13 not to disclose or provide any Personally Identifiable Information on our Website. To learn more about the Children’s Online Privacy Protect Act (COPPA) please visit the Federal Trade Commission’s website at http://www.business.ftc.gov/privacy-and-security/children's-privacy.Third Party Websites
Our Website may contain links to third-party websites. These links and pointers to third-party websites are not part of our Website. We do not make any representations or warranties regarding these third-party websites. We are not responsible for any losses or damages in connection with the information, security, privacy practices, availability, content or accuracy of materials of such third-party websites. These third-party websites might have privacy policies different from us and third-party websites may provide less privacy
and/or security than our Website. We encourage you to review the privacy and security policies of all third-party websites before you share any Personally Identifiable Information.Security
CellPoint Mobile takes reasonable precautions, including administrative, technical, and physical measures – to help safeguard Personally Identifiable Information against loss, theft,
and misuse as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. We maintain generally accepted security standards that are designed to protect your information as it is transmitted from your computer to our network. This technology is called Secure Socket Layer (SSL). SSL is the leading security protocol for data transfer on the Internet and helps to protect the safety and confidentiality of your online information. However, no method of storage or transmission is 100% secure. As a result, although we
strive to protect your Personally Identifiable Information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of the Personally Identifiable Information against any possible loss or unauthorized access.
You have a role in helping us by safeguarding your information from others. You have several options when deciding how you can best protect your Personally Identifiable Information. One option is simply not to volunteer it. The Federal Trade Commission’s websites (www.ftc.gov, www.ftc.gov/idtheft, and www.onguardonline.gov) offer useful information about how to protect your Personally Identifiable Information.
We will never e-mail you to request Personally Identifiable Information over the Internet or by any other means. Help protect yourself against online fraud – if you suspect that an unsolicited e-mail is fraudulent, please contact us.
Questions or Comments
CellPoint Mobile knows that you care about how your Personally Identifiable Information